Saturday, May 4, 5 – 8pm
(rain day Sunday 5 May).
The Pallet Pavilion, cnr Durham and Kilmore Streets.
Come and join us in a stunning outdoor dinner setting designed by local artists and designers Tessa Peach and Heather Hayward – the brains behind the Social Soup concept.
Food will be prepared by local chef Alex Davies and will feature seasonal, local produce. The on-site earthen pizza over will be used to heat the bread for your dinner. Dessert will be generously prepared and donated by Jan Saville and will be Autumnal in tone, too. We will have all sorts of beverages too – beer from Cassels, wine from Main Divide, juice from OK! and hot chocolate from SHE chocolate.
We hope that you will be able to attend this wonderful shared meal in the Pallet Pavilion. The event seeks to bring people together to raise funds for Gap Filler, one of the driving forces behind transitional projects in this city. We are a charitable trust and rely on grant funding and donations to do what we do. In 2.5 years since November 2010, Gap Filler has realised 30+ projects in Christchurch and inspired many others. Funds raised on the night will go towards our Pallet Pavilion project.
The evening’s auction is shaping up to be quite exciting too with the following items up for grabs!
- a trestle table and two chairs by Rekindle, a social enterprise turning waste wood from red-zone houses into beautiful furniture. Not yet available for sale, this is your chance to get your hands on some of this stunning furniture;
- recycled wood bracelets and necklaces by Rekindle;
- jewellery by local artist Anita Parris made from copper and silver. Road cones, pallets, Gap Filler silver badges – very unique to Christchurch (7 pieces only);
- gift hampers from SHE Chocolate and Toi Toi;
- a special tour and tasting at Cassels Brewery for you and 7 friends. Cassels does not yet run tours, but wants to. Your experience with them will aid in the development of their guided brewery tours;
- a Whisky Galore voucher;
- and more!
Tickets are available from Dash Tickets. www.dashtickets.co.nz
$100 p/ticket, + booking fee
It’s not a price everyone can afford, we know, but it is a fundraiser for Gap Filler and places are limited. And it will be very special indeed.
Thank you and we look forward to eating with you. And please help us to spread the word, too. Invite your friends. We need all the word of mouth we can get!